London, May 12 : Former Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton is hoping that a new helmet design will help him to head off his rivals.
Hamilton has been synonymous with a yellow helmet as sported by hero Ayrton Senna during the three-time champion''s illustrious career.
For the previous three races around the principality, specialist jewellers Steinmetz have provided the McLaren drivers with diamond-encrusted helmets.
This year, though, it sounds like Hamilton has something a little different as he is refusing to give the game away.
He said: "I''ll be wearing a specially-painted helmet for the occasion.
"When you see it you''ll know why I''ll be hoping for it to swing the odds in my favour," The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Hamilton is now gearing up for the Monaco Grand Prix.
He said: "I love the Monaco circuit. It''s the greatest track in Formula One and my victory there in 2008 is still probably my best win and one of the greatest moments in my career. It was an incredible day.” (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional