Hamburg, Jan 17 - SV Hamburg has told striker Ruud van Nistelrooy he won't be allowed to leave the club for Real Madrid.
"Our decision stands - he is staying. Van Nistelrooy has to fulfil his contract," sports boss Bastian Reinhardt said Sunday.
The 34-year-old Dutch striker had told Hamburg that Real wants him to return to the club to replace the injured Gonzalo Higuain.
However, there has been no official approach for Van Nistelrooy who joined Hamburg from Real in January 2010 and has a contract until the end of the season. (dpa)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today