Hamburg, Jan 17 - SV Hamburg has told striker Ruud van Nistelrooy he won't be allowed to leave the club for Real Madrid.
"Our decision stands - he is staying. Van Nistelrooy has to fulfil his contract," sports boss Bastian Reinhardt said Sunday.
The 34-year-old Dutch striker had told Hamburg that Real wants him to return to the club to replace the injured Gonzalo Higuain.
However, there has been no official approach for Van Nistelrooy who joined Hamburg from Real in January 2010 and has a contract until the end of the season. (dpa)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai