Hamburg, Jan 17 - SV Hamburg has told striker Ruud van Nistelrooy he won't be allowed to leave the club for Real Madrid.
"Our decision stands - he is staying. Van Nistelrooy has to fulfil his contract," sports boss Bastian Reinhardt said Sunday.
The 34-year-old Dutch striker had told Hamburg that Real wants him to return to the club to replace the injured Gonzalo Higuain.
However, there has been no official approach for Van Nistelrooy who joined Hamburg from Real in January 2010 and has a contract until the end of the season. (dpa)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone