Hamburg, Jan 17 - SV Hamburg has told striker Ruud van Nistelrooy he won't be allowed to leave the club for Real Madrid.
"Our decision stands - he is staying. Van Nistelrooy has to fulfil his contract," sports boss Bastian Reinhardt said Sunday.
The 34-year-old Dutch striker had told Hamburg that Real wants him to return to the club to replace the injured Gonzalo Higuain.
However, there has been no official approach for Van Nistelrooy who joined Hamburg from Real in January 2010 and has a contract until the end of the season. (dpa)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!