Hamburg, Jan 17 - SV Hamburg has told striker Ruud van Nistelrooy he won't be allowed to leave the club for Real Madrid.
"Our decision stands - he is staying. Van Nistelrooy has to fulfil his contract," sports boss Bastian Reinhardt said Sunday.
The 34-year-old Dutch striker had told Hamburg that Real wants him to return to the club to replace the injured Gonzalo Higuain.
However, there has been no official approach for Van Nistelrooy who joined Hamburg from Real in January 2010 and has a contract until the end of the season. (dpa)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'