London, June 6 : Polish goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has admitted that he distrusts British women who "throw themselves" at footie stars.
The 22-year-old Arsenal ace has been single since splitting with pole-vaulter Sandra Dziwiszek, his childhood sweetheart, in February.
"I'm single now, but I'm not looking for a girlfriend, it is still too soon. Even if I have some offers from girls I try not to accept," the Sun quoted him as saying.
"I believe that even if I wasn't a goalkeeper in one of the greatest clubs in the world I'd still get some female attention," he said.
Speaking on TV in his native Poland, Szczesny added: "I prefer to be single now than with an inappropriate girl.
"It is very easy in England to find a girl who wants to be with you for the wrong reasons so I'm not rushing into anything. I have trouble trusting someone, so I prefer to wait," he added.
Szczesny, who will star for Euro 2012 co-hosts Poland as they kick off the tournament on Friday, is set to move into a new North London pad. (ANI)
- FIFA alarmed at widespread ''abuse'' of painkillers by players
- Legendary Botham slams England’s ‘nonsense’ decision to rest Anderson
- ECB’s new £130m deal to screen county cricket in Asia reignites spot fixing phantom
- Wayne Rooney’s new horse finishes last for 2nd time
- Botham ‘surprised’ over KP’s departure, wants young players to get chance