London, Dec 16: A young goalkeeper hanged himself after his fiancee cheated on him with his teammate - who is the older brother of Chelsea star John Terry.
Dale Roberts, 24, killed himself after his 25-year-old partner Lindsay Cowen had an affair with his Rushden and Diamonds teammate Paul Terry, reports the Daily Mail.
Lindsay left Roberts in May after Terry slept with her while staying at the couple''s home.
Distraught Roberts refused to play alongside his cheating teammate at the Conference club and Terry was swiftly released and joined Darlington in August.
Paul is the elder brother of England footballer John Terry, who was involved in an alleged affair with Vanessa Perroncel, ex-girlfriend of the star''s England colleague Wayne Bridge.
Lindsey admitted the affair when a suspicious Dale confronted her at their home in Higham Ferrers, Nothamptonshire.
Last night, the 24-year-old was found dead in the house. Police said there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
Roberts was left heartbroken by the split and struggled to cope with losing his fiancee, according to friends.
"They (Lindsay and Paul) became an item after Paul stayed the night at the couple''s home in Higham Ferrers when Dale was injured," a source said.
"All hell broke loose and Paul ended up being released as the rest of the team didn''t want to play in the same side as him. Dale has been heartbroken about it ever since," the source added.
A spokesperson for Northamptonshire Police said: "We have been notified of the sudden death of Rushden and Diamonds footballer Dale Roberts, aged 24.
"There are no suspicious circumstances in relation to his death and a report is being prepared for the coroner," spokesperson said. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone