Sydney, Dec 23 - Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle blasted an unbeaten 100 off just 54 balls to help Sydney Thunder overhaul Adelaide Strikers score of
155 for eight in the Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) here Friday.
Gayle smashed an unprecedented eleven sixes, the most on Australian soil, to give Sydney an easy six-wicket win over their opponents.
Choosing to bat, Adelaide lost wickets at regular intervals, Johan Botha's 41 off 33 balls took the Strikers to a defendable total.
Gayle, though made short work of the chase, Aaron O'Brien tried his best to keep Adelaide in the match taking 3 for 26 in four overs. But Gayle's whirlwind innings took the match out of the Strikers grasp and helped Sydney register consecutive wins in this year's tournament.
Brief Scores: Adelaide Strikers 155/8 in 20 overs (Johan Botha 41, Cameron Borgas 24; Sean Abbott 2-20, Fidel Edwards 2-35) vs. Sydney Thunder 156/4 in 18.3 overs
(Chris Gayle 100 not out, Jason Floros 17 not out; Aaron O'Brien 3-26). Sydney Thunder won by 6 wickets (with 9 balls remaining).(IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'