Sydney, Dec 23 - Explosive West Indies batsman Chris Gayle blasted an unbeaten 100 off just 54 balls to help Sydney Thunder overhaul Adelaide Strikers score of
155 for eight in the Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) here Friday.
Gayle smashed an unprecedented eleven sixes, the most on Australian soil, to give Sydney an easy six-wicket win over their opponents.
Choosing to bat, Adelaide lost wickets at regular intervals, Johan Botha's 41 off 33 balls took the Strikers to a defendable total.
Gayle, though made short work of the chase, Aaron O'Brien tried his best to keep Adelaide in the match taking 3 for 26 in four overs. But Gayle's whirlwind innings took the match out of the Strikers grasp and helped Sydney register consecutive wins in this year's tournament.
Brief Scores: Adelaide Strikers 155/8 in 20 overs (Johan Botha 41, Cameron Borgas 24; Sean Abbott 2-20, Fidel Edwards 2-35) vs. Sydney Thunder 156/4 in 18.3 overs
(Chris Gayle 100 not out, Jason Floros 17 not out; Aaron O'Brien 3-26). Sydney Thunder won by 6 wickets (with 9 balls remaining).(IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan