London, Dec 18 : Troubled footballer Paul Gascoigne’s ex-wife has got undisclosed libel damages over a newspaper report based on allegations by her former mother-in-law and other family members.
Sheryl Gascoigne had complained about a March 2009 story in the Sunday Mirror headlined “I blame Sheryl”.
At the High Court in London, her solicitor, Roderick Chisholm-Batten, told the judge Ms Gascoigne was deeply distressed by the publication of the false allegations, The Scotsman reports.
It was suggested she had provoked the attack on her by Gascoigne at the Gleneagles Hotel in Perthshire in October 1996 by making abusive remarks about his mother.
It was also claimed she had coerced him into taking part in a TV documentary despite his fragile mental and physical state, and that she had callously refused to let Gascoigne’s mother see her grandson for six years.
Chisholm-Batten said: “Each and every one of these allegations is untrue. As Paul has himself publicly admitted, there was no excuse for what he did to her at the Gleneagles Hotel.
“The suggestion it was Ms Gascoigne who pushed her ex-husband into taking part in the Channel 4 documentary is also untrue.” (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today