London, May 8 : Frank Lampard is supporting Wayne Bridge’s decision to quit the England side—a move that puts him against his love-rat team-mate John Terry.
He said he had “complete respect” for Bridge’s action after Terry went behind his back to bed his ex-girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel.
Chelsea skipper Terry received flak after his five-month affair with the French model was exposed.
But Lampard, 31, has urged fans not to tar all players with the same brush.
“We are not all cheats,” the Daily Star quoted him as telling GQ Sport magazine.
He said of Bridge: “It’s very easy for people who are not in his position to have opinions on what he should and shouldn’t do. But I have complete respect for whatever he decides.” (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'