London, July 24 : Christophe Moreau, who used to ride with Bradley Wiggins for the Credit Agricole team from 2004-05, has revealed that the Tour de France winner could have become a football hooligan, but possessed the potential to become a great champion.
"He was the type who could have been a hooligan at a football match. When the team used to meet up at training camp in December, when we'd be having two or three beers together, he would always be there," The Sun quoted Moreau, as saying.
"But he was carefree and he was capable of anything and I mean anything. He had no limits. He was young then. But then he realised his abilities went way beyond track cycling... now you wonder who can stop him?" he added.
"Who can beat him in a time trial? He can go on from here to win two or three Tour de France titles in his career," he said. (ANI)
- ‘Remorseless’ Els says would keep cheating with belly putter until it gets banned
- Caddy credits Els’ going teetotaller for The Open success
- Becks drops in on photo booth snapshots to surprise fans
- Lindegaard determined to seal Man U’s No.1 keeper spot from De Gea
- ‘World’s fastest man’ Bolt says 9.4s is ultimate human limit in 100m