London, Apr 1 : Steven Finn is hoping to revive his Test match career by being selected to play for series against Sri Lanka ahead of his 23rd birthday.
With Stuart Broad being ruled out of the remaining series due to a calf injury, Finn has issued a `pick-me' plea to England top brass Andrew Strauss and coach Andy Flower.
"I knew I was going to have to wait my turn and if I do get an opportunity to try and take it. I've worked my nuts off in the nets, and the most important thing is to make sure I'm ready if and when I do get that -opportunity," The Mirror quoted Finn, as saying.
"Over these next couple of days in -practice I'll have to show the people who are -selecting the team that I deserve to be the person filling Broady's boots," he added.
Finn was the pick of the England bowlers in both the India and Pakistan one-day -series, with him grabbing 13 wickets at an average of just 10.30 in the UAE.
But he hasn't played a Test match since the draw against Sri Lanka at Lord's in 2011 and he has been England's fifth choice paceman lagging behind Broad, James -Anderson, Bresnan and Chris Tremlett. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today