London, Feb 3 : Football International Federation Association (FIFA) has demanded a full report into Wednesday’s violence in Egypt during a football match, which had killed more than 70 people. FIFA has asked the Egyptian authorities to give exact details about what happened following the match between Al-Ahly and Al Masry in Port Said.
FIFA president Sep Blatter has written to Egyptian FA president Samir Zaher, The BBC reports. “Today is a black day for football and we must take steps to ensure that such a catastrophe never happens again,” said Blatter. “Football is a force for good and we must not allow it to be abused by those who mean evil. I await further news from you concerning the circumstances of this tragedy,” he added. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan