London, Feb.5 : FIFA has denied that American R and B star Akon has any sort of official role at this summer’s World Cup after his latest single “Oh Africa” was construed as being their anthem for the event.
The status seemed surprising as the video contained some glaring howlers – as well as Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba in cameo roles. One reveller had a Union Jack motif painted on her face, rather than the England flag, and a mural included Andrey Arshavin, even though Russia failed to qualify, reports the Daily Express.
The honour of crooning the official song will not be announced until April. But with Sony involved in the production, it is expected that it will be one of their stars who will do the honours. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional