London, Mar. 12: Manchester United coach Alex Ferguson is reported to have reached an agreement in principle to sign Everton whizkid Jack Rodwell for 25-million-pounds.
Manchester United had made a move to land the Goodison midfielder in January, but Everton asked them to come back in the summer as Rodwell was believed to be so vital to them for the rest of the season.
They also told United their initial 15 million pounds offer was nowhere near enough.
Rodwell, 20 yesterday, is one of the most sought-after Premier League youngsters and signed a new five-year Everton deal only last May, The Sun reports.
United have committed another 15 million pounds to a double swoop for Aston Villa forward Ashley Young, 25, and their 21-year-old defender Ciaran Clark.
Fergie also wants striker Danny Welbeck, 20, and midfielder Tom Cleverley, 21, back permanently when they end their loans at Sunderland and Wigan respectively. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai