London, Mar. 12: Manchester United coach Alex Ferguson is reported to have reached an agreement in principle to sign Everton whizkid Jack Rodwell for 25-million-pounds.
Manchester United had made a move to land the Goodison midfielder in January, but Everton asked them to come back in the summer as Rodwell was believed to be so vital to them for the rest of the season.
They also told United their initial 15 million pounds offer was nowhere near enough.
Rodwell, 20 yesterday, is one of the most sought-after Premier League youngsters and signed a new five-year Everton deal only last May, The Sun reports.
United have committed another 15 million pounds to a double swoop for Aston Villa forward Ashley Young, 25, and their 21-year-old defender Ciaran Clark.
Fergie also wants striker Danny Welbeck, 20, and midfielder Tom Cleverley, 21, back permanently when they end their loans at Sunderland and Wigan respectively. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone