London, Mar. 12: Manchester United coach Alex Ferguson is reported to have reached an agreement in principle to sign Everton whizkid Jack Rodwell for 25-million-pounds.
Manchester United had made a move to land the Goodison midfielder in January, but Everton asked them to come back in the summer as Rodwell was believed to be so vital to them for the rest of the season.
They also told United their initial 15 million pounds offer was nowhere near enough.
Rodwell, 20 yesterday, is one of the most sought-after Premier League youngsters and signed a new five-year Everton deal only last May, The Sun reports.
United have committed another 15 million pounds to a double swoop for Aston Villa forward Ashley Young, 25, and their 21-year-old defender Ciaran Clark.
Fergie also wants striker Danny Welbeck, 20, and midfielder Tom Cleverley, 21, back permanently when they end their loans at Sunderland and Wigan respectively. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today