London, Aug 23 : After watching in disbelief Frank Lampard’s ‘goal’ against Germany being disallowed despite crossing the goal line, a furious Three Lions football fan shot a seagull.
Thomas Philip Cook, a hairdresser, killed the bird during the half time break after Lampard’s disallowed goal left England team trailing 2-1.
The court heard witnesses saw the seagull drop to the ground opposite his salon and the barrel of an air rifle pointing out of the top floor window, The Telegraph reports.
Exeter Magistrates’ Court heard that Cook (40) had not slept because seagulls had been making noise on his roof all night.
Lyndsey Baker, prosecuting, said: “He woke up grouchy and tired. In a moment of madness, he saw a seagull on the ledge of the sorting office and shot over the highway.”
Cook admitted what he did was wrong, but said he had been frustrated by the game, which England lost 4-1.
He said: “If it had been a really good match I wouldn’t have done it. They cause so much damage to vehicles and buildings and the noise is unbearable. But what I did was wrong and I wouldn’t do it again.”
Cook pleaded guilty to killing a wild bird and was given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay 85 pound in costs. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today