London, Aug 23 : After watching in disbelief Frank Lampard’s ‘goal’ against Germany being disallowed despite crossing the goal line, a furious Three Lions football fan shot a seagull.
Thomas Philip Cook, a hairdresser, killed the bird during the half time break after Lampard’s disallowed goal left England team trailing 2-1.
The court heard witnesses saw the seagull drop to the ground opposite his salon and the barrel of an air rifle pointing out of the top floor window, The Telegraph reports.
Exeter Magistrates’ Court heard that Cook (40) had not slept because seagulls had been making noise on his roof all night.
Lyndsey Baker, prosecuting, said: “He woke up grouchy and tired. In a moment of madness, he saw a seagull on the ledge of the sorting office and shot over the highway.”
Cook admitted what he did was wrong, but said he had been frustrated by the game, which England lost 4-1.
He said: “If it had been a really good match I wouldn’t have done it. They cause so much damage to vehicles and buildings and the noise is unbearable. But what I did was wrong and I wouldn’t do it again.”
Cook pleaded guilty to killing a wild bird and was given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay 85 pound in costs. (ANI)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!