London, Aug 23 : After watching in disbelief Frank Lampard’s ‘goal’ against Germany being disallowed despite crossing the goal line, a furious Three Lions football fan shot a seagull.
Thomas Philip Cook, a hairdresser, killed the bird during the half time break after Lampard’s disallowed goal left England team trailing 2-1.
The court heard witnesses saw the seagull drop to the ground opposite his salon and the barrel of an air rifle pointing out of the top floor window, The Telegraph reports.
Exeter Magistrates’ Court heard that Cook (40) had not slept because seagulls had been making noise on his roof all night.
Lyndsey Baker, prosecuting, said: “He woke up grouchy and tired. In a moment of madness, he saw a seagull on the ledge of the sorting office and shot over the highway.”
Cook admitted what he did was wrong, but said he had been frustrated by the game, which England lost 4-1.
He said: “If it had been a really good match I wouldn’t have done it. They cause so much damage to vehicles and buildings and the noise is unbearable. But what I did was wrong and I wouldn’t do it again.”
Cook pleaded guilty to killing a wild bird and was given a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay 85 pound in costs. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai