London, Aug.24 : Ex-England football star Gary Linekar was involved in a furious row with his son’s school, Charterhouse, Monday after the 18-year-old failed to get enough A-levels to go to university.
Linekar, The Match Of The Day host, accused the 25,000-pound a-year school of making his party-loving son a “guinea pig” by introducing tougher Pre-U exams this year.
George needed three B grades to get admitted to Manchester University, the Daily Star reports.
“We don’t know what’s going on with George at the moment. He did the Pre-U and they seem to have been marked much harder than the A-level papers. It’s all a bit frustrating as it is the first year the Pre-U exams have been used, so George has been used as a guinea pig,” 49-year-old Linekar said.
“At the moment his university place has been withdrawn, but we are hoping we might be able to find a way round this. We are all very disappointed,” he added. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan