London, Jun 29 : England skipper Andrew Strauss has said that he is eyeing a 5-0 drubbing of the Aussies.
After a series victory, talks of a whitewash are beginning to gather strength despite the frantic nature of Sunday’s finish. The drama really happened in the final few overs and the desperate lunge for the finishing line clouded what had been up to that point an efficient performance.
“Those last 10 overs were quite horrendous having been going into the 40th over three wickets down needing 35-odd to win. “We thought we would just cruise over but in the end it was just a relief to get over the line, which is a shame because we did so much well over the course of the game,” The Telegraph quoted Strauss, as saying.
“The problem is in those situations momentum shifts so quickly. Suddenly you think every ball is a hand grenade and will get a wicket. The lesson is that myself or [Eoin] Morgan should have been there at the end.”
Strauss added: “We can’t read much into Ashes because it is such a radically different format of the game but for the World Cup it would instil us with huge amount of confidence and we are aiming for it [5-0],” Strauss said. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional