Melbourne, Aug 25 : Fast bowler Stuart Broad is certain that England’s bowling attack is versatile enough to take wickets in Australia.
England fast bowlers have been accused of taking wickets in swing-friendly conditions that have prevailed during their ongoing series with Pakistan.
Speaking after a four-wicket win at The Oval, Pakistan captain Salman Butt had questioned whether England’s bowlers would succeed in Australia.
“We have no fear going to Australia, and we certainly have the skills necessary to go and win the Ashes over there. We are very confident in our attack,” said Broad.
Commenting on Australia captain Ricky Ponting swipe that his side can inflict another 5-0 humiliation upon England, Broad said: “We’re all very confident in what we do. We have the best spinner in the world in Graeme Swann and some very skillful seamers too.”
“Everyone will have an opinion on the Ashes, because it is such a huge series. But what opposition players and opposition captains say has no impact on us and what we are going to do,” The Herald Sun quoted Broad, as saying. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'