Melbourne, Aug 25 : Fast bowler Stuart Broad is certain that England’s bowling attack is versatile enough to take wickets in Australia.
England fast bowlers have been accused of taking wickets in swing-friendly conditions that have prevailed during their ongoing series with Pakistan.
Speaking after a four-wicket win at The Oval, Pakistan captain Salman Butt had questioned whether England’s bowlers would succeed in Australia.
“We have no fear going to Australia, and we certainly have the skills necessary to go and win the Ashes over there. We are very confident in our attack,” said Broad.
Commenting on Australia captain Ricky Ponting swipe that his side can inflict another 5-0 humiliation upon England, Broad said: “We’re all very confident in what we do. We have the best spinner in the world in Graeme Swann and some very skillful seamers too.”
“Everyone will have an opinion on the Ashes, because it is such a huge series. But what opposition players and opposition captains say has no impact on us and what we are going to do,” The Herald Sun quoted Broad, as saying. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai