London, June 21 : Tennis star Novak Djokovic has be placed at the top seed in the Wimbledon 2012.
The Serbian tennis ace is followed by Spaniard Rafael Nadal, seeded second, and Roger Federer seeded third.
British No. 1 Andy Murray, who crashed out of the recent Queen''s Club tournament in the second round following a bye, has been seeded fourth for the Gentlemen's Singles at the Wimbledon 2012.
According to The Sun, Maria Sharapova, who won the title as a 17-year-old, topped the women''s draw at the All England Club for the first time in her career.
The women's seedings match the rankings exactly, with Victoria Azarenka in second, Agnieszka Radwanska third and defending champion Petra Kvitova, who beat Sharapova in the final last year, seeded fourth.
Wimbledon will be Sharapova's first tournament as world No. 1 after four years. Sharapova secured global top billing after winning the French Open title last week. (ANI)
- Tennis legend McEnroe predicts more Wimbledon misery for Murray
- Ferrari believes Alonso and Vettel could ‘co-exist’ as team-mates
- ‘Army of England fans’ head to Ukraine to cheer Three Lions to glory
- ‘Germany are not unbeatable’: Denmark’s Agger tells England
- Wenger says Van Persie would certainly not leave Arsenal for Italy’s ‘inferior’ league