London, Aug 11 : Golfing great Tiger Woods is so eager to confront Europe in the Ryder Cup that he is willing to accept a wild card pick for Celtic Manor.
"Woods invited doubts over his participation on Sunday after the worst performance of his professional career at the World Golf Championship event at Firestone, saying he could not see how someone who had shot 18 over par could be an asset to the United States team," The Daily express reports.
Woods, who presently is at two places outside automatic selection ahead of this week''''s final qualifying event - the USPGA Championship, confirmed in unequivocal terms on Tuesday his intention to be at Newport at the beginning of October.
Quizzed if he would be prepared to accept the second-class status of wild card selection, the World No. 1 Golfer replied: "Yes." (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional