London, June 26 : A desperate England fan tried to sidetrack Italy's Alessandro Diamanti during the final penalty kick, which saw them clinch the Euro cup quarterfinal on a penalty shootout, by dropping his pants and exposing his willy.
But the unflustered Diamanti calmly stroked the ball past Joe Hart to send England out of Euro 2012.
Sharp-eyed TV viewers spotted the bit of last wheeze gamesmanship by the unidentified fan, who was wearing an England goalie's top and a red and white wig.
Yesterday photos of the climatic kick clearly show him with shorts and pants down round his knees, The Sun reports.
A pal beside him looks on the verge of doing the same but he apparently made his move too late. (ANI)
- Davydenko says ‘grouch potato’ Murray not good enough to win Grand Slams
- Hodgson says ‘under pressure’ Rooney didn’t deliver for England in Euros
- Fabregas gives tactical tips to rivals Portugal to beat Spain
- Becker believes ‘under pressure’ Murray unlucky to play in ‘top trio Wimbledon winners’ era
- Italy coach asks his team to focus on semi-final with Germany