Johannesburg, Feb 16: South African captain AB de Villiers has lauded pace bowler Lonwabo Tsotsobe for his maiden Twenty20 hat-trick in the opening match of the series against New Zealand.
"Lopsy has just been outstanding. I don''t know how he does it so consistently. He just keeps taking wickets. It''s encouraging to see his early tour form and hopefully he continues to excel throughout the tour," Sport 24 quoted De Villiers, as saying.
His comment came after South Africa won the game in Christchurch by 20 runs, and Tsotsobe became the eighth Proteas player to clinch a T20 hat-trick.
The Kiwis, chasing 151 to win, were wrapped up for 130 in the 19th over.
De Villiers also praised batsman Richard Levi for smashing 63 off 32 balls.
"Richard is a phenomenal batsman. He is an impact player, and it is very exciting for us to have a player of his calibre at the top of the order," he added.
De Villiers also admitted that his side needed to prepare for the February 17 match against New Zealand.
"It''s great for us to start the tour off on a winning note but we know that there is still a lot of work for us to do," he added. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan