London, Feb 21: Spanish striker David Villa is ready to quit financially hit Valencia for Chelsea this summer.
Chelsea’s interest in Villa has increased in recent weeks with their failure to reach an agreement on a new contract with Nicolas Anelka.
Valencia remains under financial pressure to sell and the Blues are waiting to take advantage.
Villa’s 30 million pounds price tag would instantly solve the La Liga outfit’s financial problems, after their failure to sell their legendary Mestalla Stadium to property developers, News of the World reports.
The Spain striker is seen as a finished article and he has a strike record and reputation feared worldwide.
Villa initially claimed he did not want to move abroad, as his wife had just given birth to their second child, and named Real Madrid as his preferred destination. (ANI)
- Strauss says England ‘determined’ to safeguard ‘numero uno’ Test status
- Olympics: Blake downplays experience factor in 100m contest
- Ryan Lochte has time only for one-night stands, says mum
- Olympic weightlifting: Record-breaker Lu lifts gold
- Olympics: Veronica says it will be tough to retain 200m crown