London, Feb 10 : Former England goalkeeper David James has been convicted of speeding in a 12-year-old Vauxhall Astra.
The 41-year-old footie star was arrested after he was driving at 90 mph on a motorway in the V-reg vehicle.
The multi-millionaire James was caught on the M5 in Somerset, between his family home in Chudleigh, Devon, and his current club Bristol City.
Police officers spotted him speeding at 90 mph between the Wolvershill Road motorway bridge and the town’s Junction 21 roundabout, the Daily Mail reported.
The footballer was followed and ordered to pull over.
He accepted the option of attending an educational driving course to avoid receiving points on his licence - but failed to attend.
The goalkeeper also failed to respond to the summons and the case went ahead in his absence.
He was fined 275 pounds after being convicted of speeding at North Somerset Magistrates Court in Weston-super-Mare.
Magistrates fined him 175 pounds, plus 85 pounds costs and a 15-pound victim surcharge, and ordered his licence, which was previously clean, to be endorsed with three penalty points. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan