Melbourne, Mar 24: Former Australian captain Allan Border has urged selectors to include all-rounder David Hussey in place of off-spinner Jason Krejza for today’s World Cup quarterfinal against India at Ahmedabad’s Sardar Patel Stadium.
Border said that Krejza, who has conceded 4.41 runs per over and taken only five wickets in six games, won’t cause any trouble to the Indian batsmen.
“Australia’s spin options are a concern. Jason is very attacking, but I would suggest leaving him out and going with David Hussey and his off-spin,” the Herald Sun quoted Border, as saying.
“Besides, he’s a good player of spin and a good fielder,” he added.
Border also suggested that all-rounder John Hastings should be included in the side. (ANI)
- Oz ODI woes on Indian sub-continent grossly exaggerated: Fox Sports
- Farm hand Vettel ready to go in new F1 season
- Loss against Pak was exactly what Australia needed ahead of India encounter: Hussey
- Akhtar urges Tait not to be obsessed with speed against India
- Button confident of equaling Schumacher’s ‘three-peat’ at Albert Park