Kolkata, April 25 : Left-handed West Indies strokemaker Darren Bravo may not play in the current edition of the lucrative Indian Premier League even after the current Australia series ends in the Caribbean.
The 23-year-old signed for the Deccan Chargers earlier this year, but opted to play the full Australia series which ends this week.
With the West Indies set to leave for the tour of England next week, Deccan Chargers team manager Paul Skinner said, Bravo's window of opportunity may be too limited to allow any real time with the Chargers.
"Darren will only be available for two-three games even if he comes to India at the end of the Australia Test series because the West Indies will be going to England in early May," Skinner, a Barbadian, told Indian media.
"It's possible that he may not make the trip. A decision will be taken shortly after consultation between the franchise and the West Indies Cricket Board."
Bravo was one of several West Indies players to sign with IPL franchises for the current season but the only one to stay on for the three-Test series.
Darren's older brother Dwayne Bravo, all-rounder Marlon Samuels and Kieron Pollard all played in the limited-overs games of the Australia series before joining their IPL franchises.
Former West Indies captain Chris Gayle, seeking to end his year-long impasse with the West Indies Cricket Board, also indicated he would play the full IPL for Royal Challengers Bangalore before making himself available for the tour of England.
The IPL runs until May 27 while the West Indies tour of England goes from May 5 to June 24.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today