Sydney, Mar 9 : The Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA) has asked players to boycott this year's T20 Champions League as some of the prize money from last year's event remains unpaid.
Tim May, chief executive of FICA, said that six million dollars in prize money remains outstanding.
Victoria is owed 200,000 dollars, South Australia 500,000 dollars, half of each sum to the players.
The Sydney Morning Herald quoted May as saying on Tuesday that the tournament now had "little or no credibility" among players.
"FICA will be recommending that players refrain from agreeing to play in future CLT20s without some certainty as to the payment of participation fees and prize money," he said.
Paul Marsh, chief of the Australian Cricketers Association, seconded May.
"Given the uncertainty over payment of this prize money, and the assurances that have so far amounted to nothing, I'm sure players will have concerns about participating in the future," Marsh said. (ANI)
- Australia doing things too easily in World Cup group stage: Ian Chappell
- Ponting using Tait in short bursts the key to bowler’s success
- Ponting’s express merchants have been unexpectedly effective: Roebuck
- Hussey over the moon after getting call to join Oz World Cup squad
- Nannes to join Aussies as standby player for World Cup