New Delhi, Oct 12 : The meeting of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) General Assembly commenced here today.
The meeting is being attended by Vice Patron of the CGF, Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex.
Edward, who was escorted by officials of the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, on Sunday, visited the games village, the National Stadium and Commonwealth Games Headquarters to assess progress ahead of the mega event to be held in October 2010.
Earlier, Mike Fennell, President of the CGF had complained about the lack of preparations in New Delhi, and had written to the organisers expressing his concern their reluctance to hire foreign experts and the tardy progress of work.
He had also demanded Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh to help "revive" the games. The games'' organising committee has already received a lot of flak for its tardy progress with the construction of many venues, including the games'''' village, running behind schedule.
The 2010 Commonwealth Games will be India''s first major international sports event after the 1982 Asian Games. (ANI)
- New Zealand diplomats fear terror attack ahead of Commonwealth Games
- Oz cricket officials pushing for use of umpire referrals in India series
- Supreme Court notice to cricket board on IPL franchise
- OC officials visit stadiums to check facilities
- Kolkata Knight Riders sign 6’10 giant Pak fast bowler on Akram’s recommendation