London, July 10 : Legendary batsman Graham Gooch has expressed satisfaction over England's recent annihilation of Australia in the on-going one-day series, which they have already won 3-0.
Former skipper and now batting coach Gooch, who has spent 37 years in fierce combat with Australia, believes England have been superb with bat and ball and is loving England's current domination over the old enemy.
"I can't deny it's satisfying to beat Australia. They are a great cricketing nation and rightly proud of their achievements. Every win against Australia brings more confidence," The Sun quoted Gooch, as saying.
"So I don't think our players will let up, they want to carry on winning because any match against Australia is a contest and something to be respected," he added.
England's Jonny Bairstow has been released from the one-day squad to play for Yorkshire tomorrow, which implicates that Essex's Ravi Bopara will be filling the No 6 berth in the First Test against South Africa next week. (ANI)
- Mancini to continue at Man City with new 5-yr-£25m deal
- US judge dismisses Armstrong''s lawsuit against USADA
- Stewart says England’s tour to India next year would be ‘litmus’ test after Oz ‘no contest’
- Bresnan says current England team more ‘ruthless’ than ever
- Henman tells Murray ‘keep playing the way you are and you will be Grand Slam winner’