Beijing, Sep 8 : Two Olympic champions from China are facing a possible dismissal from a university in the country after they failed to attend enough classes for their Masters programmes.
Yang Wei, individual gymnastics gold medalist in the 2008 Beijing Olympics and Gao Ling, gold medalist in badminton, are set to lose out on their academic career after the college in which they were enrolled listed them and other 305 students as "would be dismissed" for their failure to finish study within four years, the Shanghai Daily reported.
Yang, who had enrolled in the School of Administration and Management of Huazhong University of Science and Technology in Hubei province five years ago, said he didn't know about the dismissal and will try to get in touch with his school to find out.
Gao, who entered the school a year earlier than Yang, said she was currently working on her master's degree paper and would contact her tutor as soon as possible.
The authorities said students who feel the action was unjustified could communicate with them in writing. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'