London, July 23 : Chelsea and England left back Ashley Cole has backed Manchester City to break into the Premier League''s top four, and predicted that Arsenal, his old club could be the one to lose out.
"I think the players City are buying are good. Obviously they have got Gareth Barry, who I know from England and he''s a good player. They have got Stephen Ireland, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Robinho, Manu Adebayor and Carlos Tevez. They are all good players," The Sun quoted Cole, 28, as saying.
"This year might be tough to break in but next year, you never know with the guys they are buying. I think it''s going to be hard for them but they could do. You never know, they may gel, click, straight away and it''s magic. I hope they do. I have friends there and I hope they do really well - and that they finish above Arsenal," he added. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional