London, July 23 : Chelsea and England left back Ashley Cole has backed Manchester City to break into the Premier League''s top four, and predicted that Arsenal, his old club could be the one to lose out.
"I think the players City are buying are good. Obviously they have got Gareth Barry, who I know from England and he''s a good player. They have got Stephen Ireland, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Robinho, Manu Adebayor and Carlos Tevez. They are all good players," The Sun quoted Cole, 28, as saying.
"This year might be tough to break in but next year, you never know with the guys they are buying. I think it''s going to be hard for them but they could do. You never know, they may gel, click, straight away and it''s magic. I hope they do. I have friends there and I hope they do really well - and that they finish above Arsenal," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today