London, Mar 5 : England manager Fabio Capello is determined to talk defender Wayne Bridge out of international retirement and take him to this summer's World Cup in South Africa.
Capello still believes Bridge is the best left-back cover for injured Ashley Cole.
According to reports, he is refusing to take no for an answer after Bridge withdrew from his squad in the wake of the John Terry scandal that involved the Manchester City full back's former girlfriend, Vanessa Perroncel.
While the Italian was fairly happy with Leighton Baines against Egypt, he remains desperate to see Bridge and Cole as his left backs in South Africa.
Capello will maintain contact with Bridge, either directly or through members of his staff, in the hope that the player has a change of heart and decides he can deal with sharing a hotel with Terry for up to seven weeks.
"Fabio has not given up on Wayne Bridge," The Sun quoted an England insider, as saying.
"Unless Bridge categorically insists he will not go to the World Cup, the management will keep monitoring the situation," the insider added. (ANI)
- England will struggle against ‘better’ Oz side in home conditions, says Salman Butt
- Roo needs goals, Anderson needs to grow up: Fergie
- Ancelotti says ‘first six victories’ key to reclaiming Premier League title
- Man U legend Scholes not a ‘fair’ player, says Wenger
- Oz conditions during Ashes will test ‘England star’ Morgan, says Bollinger