London, Mar 3 : Ace striker Wayne Rooney may be carrying Manchester United on his own up front, but England manager Fabio Capello has no intention of him replicating the role with the national squad.
This is good news for other contenders in the team Emile Heskey, Peter Crouch and Carlton Cole.
There had been suggestions that Capello might change his World Cup plans late in the day and have Rooney as the sole striker supported by a five-man midfield.
"My style is always two forwards - and, with England, one big one, one small one," The Sun quoted Capello, as saying.
"I know Rooney has looked good as a single forward with United but I would never play him on his own," he said.
"No, not even with Steven Gerrard just behind him. Gerrard will play like a midfielder who attacks," Capello added. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai