London, Mar 3 : Ace striker Wayne Rooney may be carrying Manchester United on his own up front, but England manager Fabio Capello has no intention of him replicating the role with the national squad.
This is good news for other contenders in the team Emile Heskey, Peter Crouch and Carlton Cole.
There had been suggestions that Capello might change his World Cup plans late in the day and have Rooney as the sole striker supported by a five-man midfield.
"My style is always two forwards - and, with England, one big one, one small one," The Sun quoted Capello, as saying.
"I know Rooney has looked good as a single forward with United but I would never play him on his own," he said.
"No, not even with Steven Gerrard just behind him. Gerrard will play like a midfielder who attacks," Capello added. (ANI)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone