London, Mar 3 : Ace striker Wayne Rooney may be carrying Manchester United on his own up front, but England manager Fabio Capello has no intention of him replicating the role with the national squad.
This is good news for other contenders in the team Emile Heskey, Peter Crouch and Carlton Cole.
There had been suggestions that Capello might change his World Cup plans late in the day and have Rooney as the sole striker supported by a five-man midfield.
"My style is always two forwards - and, with England, one big one, one small one," The Sun quoted Capello, as saying.
"I know Rooney has looked good as a single forward with United but I would never play him on his own," he said.
"No, not even with Steven Gerrard just behind him. Gerrard will play like a midfielder who attacks," Capello added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today