London, Mar 3 : Ace striker Wayne Rooney may be carrying Manchester United on his own up front, but England manager Fabio Capello has no intention of him replicating the role with the national squad.
This is good news for other contenders in the team Emile Heskey, Peter Crouch and Carlton Cole.
There had been suggestions that Capello might change his World Cup plans late in the day and have Rooney as the sole striker supported by a five-man midfield.
"My style is always two forwards - and, with England, one big one, one small one," The Sun quoted Capello, as saying.
"I know Rooney has looked good as a single forward with United but I would never play him on his own," he said.
"No, not even with Steven Gerrard just behind him. Gerrard will play like a midfielder who attacks," Capello added. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan