London, Aug 28 : England manager Fabio Capello could drop ‘struggling’ striker Wayne Rooney from his starting line-up for Friday’s Euro 2012 qualifier against Bulgaria.
Rooney has had a slow start to the season, and missed Manchester United’s trip to Fulham six days ago due to a stomach bug.
According to The Sun, Capello would only field Rooney at Wembley if he can prove he is match-fit.
Meanwhile, the Italian will be at Old Trafford for today’s Premier League clash between United and West Ham to keep an eye on the 24-year-old.
Rooney has not played full matches back-to-back for United since March, and has not scored for them since the Champions League quarterfinal against Bayern Munich, when he picked up an ankle injury. (ANI)
- McEnroe’s ‘women weaker than men’ claim leaves fairer sex fuming
- Tiger Woods putts all over the holes to land in a hole in Barclays Classic
- Venus Williams defends her racy on-court outfits
- Divorce from Nordegren made playing golf ''a lot more difficult’: Woods
- Confident Butt says levelling series against England would be “most wonderful thing”