London, Feb. 5 : Coach Fabio Capello is still hoping to draft Wayne Bridge into his World Cup squad, notwithstanding the controversy surrounding Three Lions skipper John Terry’s affair with his ex partner Vanessa Perroncel.
The prospect of the pair playing in the same side, however, looks bleak as of now.
Capello, who meets Terry today, has no intentions of dumping the Manchester City star as he provides vital cover for first choice full back Ashley Cole.
City boss Roberto Mancini yesterday revealed that England''s general manager Franco Baldini has already been quizzing him about Bridge''s condition.
The Sun quoted Mancini as admitting his player has suffered mentally from the Terry scandal and said: "I spoke with Baldini on Monday morning.
"He asked me about Wayne and I told him that he is training every day. I said it''s not a good moment in his head but it''s not a problem on the training ground.
"For me, it''s important he should play now and not think about the other person. Wayne is very important for us. He plays in the national team and he''s the best left-back in England and the Premier League - and that''s the most important thing for me and the other players,” he added. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional