London, July 16 : England manager Fabio Capello has agreed to recruit another English coach to his backroom staff.
The new coach will work alongside Stuart Pearce and Ray Clemence, as Capello attempts to learn the lessons of the dismal World Cup showing in South Africa.
The Italian agreed to make the change at a meeting with the Club England board on Thursday.
Despite England's failure, the Football Association (FA) agreed to honour the remaining two years on his contract, in part because of the lack of obvious alternative candidates and the financial consequences of sacking him, The Telegraph reports.
Sir Trevor Brooking, a member of the Club England board, will work with Capello to draw up a shortlist of potential candidates for the role.
It is apparently viewed as something of a `fast track' path to coaching the senior side.
Former England striker Alan Shearer is likely to be among the names mentioned in relation to the post. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai