London, July 16 : England manager Fabio Capello has agreed to recruit another English coach to his backroom staff.
The new coach will work alongside Stuart Pearce and Ray Clemence, as Capello attempts to learn the lessons of the dismal World Cup showing in South Africa.
The Italian agreed to make the change at a meeting with the Club England board on Thursday.
Despite England's failure, the Football Association (FA) agreed to honour the remaining two years on his contract, in part because of the lack of obvious alternative candidates and the financial consequences of sacking him, The Telegraph reports.
Sir Trevor Brooking, a member of the Club England board, will work with Capello to draw up a shortlist of potential candidates for the role.
It is apparently viewed as something of a `fast track' path to coaching the senior side.
Former England striker Alan Shearer is likely to be among the names mentioned in relation to the post. (ANI)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'