London, July 16 : England manager Fabio Capello has agreed to recruit another English coach to his backroom staff.
The new coach will work alongside Stuart Pearce and Ray Clemence, as Capello attempts to learn the lessons of the dismal World Cup showing in South Africa.
The Italian agreed to make the change at a meeting with the Club England board on Thursday.
Despite England's failure, the Football Association (FA) agreed to honour the remaining two years on his contract, in part because of the lack of obvious alternative candidates and the financial consequences of sacking him, The Telegraph reports.
Sir Trevor Brooking, a member of the Club England board, will work with Capello to draw up a shortlist of potential candidates for the role.
It is apparently viewed as something of a `fast track' path to coaching the senior side.
Former England striker Alan Shearer is likely to be among the names mentioned in relation to the post. (ANI)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!