Wellington, Feb 22 : Kiwi all rounder Jacob Oram will not feature in the final Twenty20 and the subsequent one-day series against South Africa after going out with a calf injury.
New Zealand Cricket physiotherapist Paul Close revealed that the injury is minor but added that the jam-packed nature of the current series wouldn''t allow Oram to participate.
"Although it''s a relatively minor calf injury, the congested nature of the series means Jake won''t be available for the ODIs," Stuff. co. nz quoted Close, as saying.
New Zealand will play the final match of the Twenty20 series at Eden Park in Auckland tonight before starting a three-match ODI series against the Proteas in Wellington on Saturday. (ANI)
- Kiwi trio recalled for ODI series against Proteas
- Kiwi all- rounder Ryder gets a berth for T20 match against Proteas
- Skipper De Villiers believes new era round the corner for Proteas
- Kiwi skipper Ross Taylor to miss ODI series against Proteas
- Proteas to concentrate on performance rather than verbal battle against Kiwis: Coach