London, July 10 : Reigning Formula One champion Jenson Button insists that he can still win Sunday's British Grand Prix despite flopping in the practice session.
Button finished 13th at Silverstone, as he struggled to cope with the new `blown rear diffuser', which uses exhaust gas to increase speed.
"I can still win it. I remember last year in Turkey when I really struggled on the Friday but I won the race by 30 seconds. The first day wasn't perfect," The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
"That's the truth and I wish it had been easier for us, but it is not over yet," he added.
The new mechanism also saw his McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton finish ninth.
Button further said that he would be working out on the issue at McLaren's Woking headquarter.
"We haven't quite got to grips with it yet, but the good thing is we're quite close to home and we'll all be working late into the night as we have got so much information to analyse," Button said.
"It's very different from a normal upgrade package. Lots of teams have found that out," he added. (ANI)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai