London, July 10 : Reigning Formula One champion Jenson Button insists that he can still win Sunday's British Grand Prix despite flopping in the practice session.
Button finished 13th at Silverstone, as he struggled to cope with the new `blown rear diffuser', which uses exhaust gas to increase speed.
"I can still win it. I remember last year in Turkey when I really struggled on the Friday but I won the race by 30 seconds. The first day wasn't perfect," The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
"That's the truth and I wish it had been easier for us, but it is not over yet," he added.
The new mechanism also saw his McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton finish ninth.
Button further said that he would be working out on the issue at McLaren's Woking headquarter.
"We haven't quite got to grips with it yet, but the good thing is we're quite close to home and we'll all be working late into the night as we have got so much information to analyse," Button said.
"It's very different from a normal upgrade package. Lots of teams have found that out," he added. (ANI)
- Brad Pitt feels marriage is 'more than just a title'
- Kelly Brook says David Mackintosh is needy
- Michael Strahan to do a cameo in 'Magic Mike' sequel
- Pregnant Duchess Kate set to resume royal duties post morning sickness recovery
- Taylor Swift, Metallica to perform at 2015 Rock in Rio festival
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas hadn't tweaked the original 'Star Wars'
- Don't regret having not played Gandhi: Naseeruddin Shah
- Paris Hilton and pals' booze bender at pub comes with $230K price-tag!