London, July 10 : Reigning Formula One champion Jenson Button insists that he can still win Sunday's British Grand Prix despite flopping in the practice session.
Button finished 13th at Silverstone, as he struggled to cope with the new `blown rear diffuser', which uses exhaust gas to increase speed.
"I can still win it. I remember last year in Turkey when I really struggled on the Friday but I won the race by 30 seconds. The first day wasn't perfect," The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
"That's the truth and I wish it had been easier for us, but it is not over yet," he added.
The new mechanism also saw his McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton finish ninth.
Button further said that he would be working out on the issue at McLaren's Woking headquarter.
"We haven't quite got to grips with it yet, but the good thing is we're quite close to home and we'll all be working late into the night as we have got so much information to analyse," Button said.
"It's very different from a normal upgrade package. Lots of teams have found that out," he added. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan