London, July 10 : Reigning Formula One champion Jenson Button insists that he can still win Sunday's British Grand Prix despite flopping in the practice session.
Button finished 13th at Silverstone, as he struggled to cope with the new `blown rear diffuser', which uses exhaust gas to increase speed.
"I can still win it. I remember last year in Turkey when I really struggled on the Friday but I won the race by 30 seconds. The first day wasn't perfect," The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
"That's the truth and I wish it had been easier for us, but it is not over yet," he added.
The new mechanism also saw his McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton finish ninth.
Button further said that he would be working out on the issue at McLaren's Woking headquarter.
"We haven't quite got to grips with it yet, but the good thing is we're quite close to home and we'll all be working late into the night as we have got so much information to analyse," Button said.
"It's very different from a normal upgrade package. Lots of teams have found that out," he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today