Kolkata, Apr. 16: Former Australian cricket team coach and now coach of the Kolkata Knight Riders, John Buchanan, has praised former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly.
Both seem to have hit it off. After a team meeting, Buchanan was all praise for Saurav.
Buchanan said Ganguly has always been a gentleman. He said Ganguly is very clear about his needs, about what he wants and he articulates it without any confusion. Buchanan said he was looking forward to this sort of communication with the captain not just this year but for years to come.
Buchanan also said Ganguly was in good form after a good series against South Africa. The coach said Ganguly brought a lot of experience to the team and there was lot of expectation from him during the forthcoming 20-20 IPL series.
The coach said he was happy with the team overall, with experienced as well as young batsmen in the side and the bowling attack was also strong with Murli Karthik and Ishant Sharma.
Buchanan said, right now the team was concerned about its own preparedness to play. Once in Bangalore, it would evaluate the opposition. The Knight Riders play Bangalore's Royal Challengers in their first match at Bangalore on April 18th. (ANI)
- New Zealand diplomats fear terror attack ahead of Commonwealth Games
- Oz cricket officials pushing for use of umpire referrals in India series
- Supreme Court notice to cricket board on IPL franchise
- OC officials visit stadiums to check facilities
- Kolkata Knight Riders sign 6’10 giant Pak fast bowler on Akram’s recommendation