London, Feb 18 : Manchester City defender Wayne Bridge will not face disciplinary action if he refuses to shake former pal and captain John Terry’s hand later this month.
The duo are set to face each other for the first time since revelations of Terry''s affair with Bridge''s ex-girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel when Chelsea host Manchester City on February 27.
Since last season, both players have been encouraged to take part in a Fair Play handshake before kick-off to show support for the ‘Get on With The Game’ campaign.
It is, however, believed that there is no official requirement for players to take part in such a gesture.
Bridge is thought to be reluctant to offer a greeting to his old Blues team-mate Terry, and he can now be assured that he will not face any disciplinary action should he choose to skip the ritual before City''s league clash at Stamford Bridge, The Sun reports. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional