Karachi, Nov 30 : Pakistani cricket has plunged to another low with England-based match-fixer Mazhar Majeed revealing Tuesday that four more players - Wahab Riaz, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal and Imran Farhat - were also involved in spot-fixing along with the suspended trio of Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer.
Geo News reported it had received a secret video of Mazhar in which he disclosed that Riaz, Imran and the Akmal brothers are actively involved in spot-fixing.
In the same video, Mazhar also revealed that captain Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Saeed Ajmal and Younis Khan are not involved in spot-fixing.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has already suspended Butt, Asif and Aamer after British tabloid The News of the World reported that the three cricketers allegedly took millions from Mazhar for spot-fixing during the fourth Test against England at Lord's in August. Scotland Yard is investigating the charges.
The Pakistani selectors Tuesday had dropped Kamran and Imran for the upcoming tour of New Zealand but Umar and Wahab found a place in the team.
Earlier, Kamran had admitted that he knew Mazhar just as an agent for the players, but not as a bookmaker.(IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today