New Delhi, July 22 : The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Thursday said that beef will not be served during the mega sporting event to be held in the capital Oct 3-14.
"We made this decision (not to serve beef) some weeks ago and have informed our catering contractors accordingly," said Suresh Kalmadi, chairman of the Games organising committee.
"There seems to be a perception that cow's meat will be served during the Games. I hope this clarification will clear all doubts," he said.
Some organisations had raised concerns that beef would be served during the Games. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai