New Delhi, July 22 : The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Thursday said that beef will not be served during the mega sporting event to be held in the capital Oct 3-14.
"We made this decision (not to serve beef) some weeks ago and have informed our catering contractors accordingly," said Suresh Kalmadi, chairman of the Games organising committee.
"There seems to be a perception that cow's meat will be served during the Games. I hope this clarification will clear all doubts," he said.
Some organisations had raised concerns that beef would be served during the Games. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'