London, July 1 : Iconic soccer player David Beckham is set to attend the London Olympics despite being left disappointed after missing out on selection for Team GB.
The former England captain has been offered time out from a busy playing schedule by his football club LA Galaxy, in order to make an appearance at the opening ceremony.
“It''s the very least we can do for David. If he gets to light the torch or play a key role in the ceremony, he will fly back to England with our full blessing,” the Daily Mail quoted a senior Galaxy official, as saying.
The Galaxy official further said that Beckham was caught by surprise when he was left out.
“I know he shed a few tears in training the day after the announcement, when his teammates made a point of consoling him,” he said.
Despite the reports of LA Galaxy offering Beckham time out to attend London 2012, however, there have also been reports that Beckham may snub the games altogether. (ANI)
- Wayne Rooney turns to alcohol on US break after Euro disappointment
- Mario Balotelli missing pet dog during Euro tournament
- Mancini overtakes Fergie in wages stakes with new ‘lengthy Man City deal’
- Wimbledon: Del Potro sinks Nishikori
- Brit athlete Jane Mayes loses 38kg to win place in Olympic handball team