London, Oct 6 : Ace footballer David Beckham wants Rio Ferdinand to stay at Manchester United, rather than venture to the United States to join Major League Soccer when his contract expires at the end of next season.
Beckham has given the clearest indication yet that he could move to Paris Saint-Germain when the winter transfer window opens.
Asked about Chicago Fire’s interest in Ferdinand and whether he would recommend MLS to his former teammate, Beckham said: “It''s unfair for me to even comment on a player that''s under contract at Manchester United, loved by the fans. He''s a very good player.
“That''s the first time I’ve heard those rumours but I’m not even going to comment because he''s a Manchester United player and as a [former] Manchester United player I want him to stay there.”
Commenting on his own transfer situation, Beckham said he was “flattered” by the interest in him from Leonardo, who worked with Beckham at AC Milan and is now PSG’s sporting director, The Daily Mail reports.
Last month the Brazilian said the “door is open” at the Parc des Princes to “someone that I really appreciate and admire so much.”
On Tuesday night in New York, Beckham said: “I love Leonardo. I had a good relationship when I was at Milan the first time and then obviously when he was manager the second time.
“He’s a great manager, a great person. I''m flattered that he wants me to go and join the team in Paris.” (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today