London, Oct 6 : Ace footballer David Beckham wants Rio Ferdinand to stay at Manchester United, rather than venture to the United States to join Major League Soccer when his contract expires at the end of next season.
Beckham has given the clearest indication yet that he could move to Paris Saint-Germain when the winter transfer window opens.
Asked about Chicago Fire’s interest in Ferdinand and whether he would recommend MLS to his former teammate, Beckham said: “It''s unfair for me to even comment on a player that''s under contract at Manchester United, loved by the fans. He''s a very good player.
“That''s the first time I’ve heard those rumours but I’m not even going to comment because he''s a Manchester United player and as a [former] Manchester United player I want him to stay there.”
Commenting on his own transfer situation, Beckham said he was “flattered” by the interest in him from Leonardo, who worked with Beckham at AC Milan and is now PSG’s sporting director, The Daily Mail reports.
Last month the Brazilian said the “door is open” at the Parc des Princes to “someone that I really appreciate and admire so much.”
On Tuesday night in New York, Beckham said: “I love Leonardo. I had a good relationship when I was at Milan the first time and then obviously when he was manager the second time.
“He’s a great manager, a great person. I''m flattered that he wants me to go and join the team in Paris.” (ANI)
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting
- Matt Damon in talks to star in 'The Great Wall'
- Clooney to wed in custom Giorgio Armani tux
- KBC gets its first 7 crore winner in two brothers
- Liv Tyler doesn't want to know baby's sex?
- Kendall Jenner thinks sis KimK's naked GQ cover was ' really embarrassing'
- How Kaley Cuoco `joked way out` of nude snap leak embarrassment
- Angelina Jolie to helm Richard Leakey biopic 'Africa'