Hobart (Australia), Feb. 23 : Former Australian one-day star Ricky Ponting has been named in a 13-man squad for Tasmania''s one-day final against South Australia on Saturday.
The Tigers are yet to decide who will make way for Ponting, who was dropped from Australia''s one-day squad on Monday.
"Ricky Ponting''s inclusion injects world-class qualities into our team and we know that he is very excited at the prospect of playing in this final for Tasmania," chairman of selectors Michael Farrell said.
The Sydney Morning Herald further quoted Farrell, as saying: "The Tigers will take good form into the match as well as plenty of big game experience. The team has shown a great ability to play well under pressure throughout the season and have prepared well for the final."
The final will be Tasmania''s third in the past three seasons. They won the tournament in 2004-05, 2007-08 and 2009-10.
Tasmania (from): George Bailey (capt), Jackson Bird, Luke Butterworth, Mark Cosgrove, Ed Cowan, James Faulkner, Matt Johnston, Brady Jones, Jason Krejza, Ben Laughlin, Ashton May, Ricky Ponting and Jon Wells (12th man to be named). (ANI)
- Door still open for Ponting to return to Oz ODI squad: Clarke
- ‘Pup’ Clarke says will miss not having ‘Punter’ Ponting in Oz ODI squad
- Self-belief the key to Kiwi pacer Doug Bracewell''s success
- Hobart Test: Warner man of the match award, a ''slap in the face'' for Kiwis
- Shock at Warner receiving Hobart Test man-of-the-match award over Bracewell