Melbourne, Feb 28 - Young fast bowler James Pattinson Tuesday was recalled to the 13-member Australian squad, at the expense of Ryan Harris, for the remainder for the CB tri-series.
Captain Michael Clarke is also expected to return to full fitness from a back injury for Friday's encounter with Sri Lanka here at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). The best-of-three finals series is starting Sunday in Brisbane.
Harris was replaced by Clint McKay in the starting XI in Sunday's win over India. The Queenslander was very expensive as Sri Lanka achieved a record run-chase in Hobart last Friday.
Pattinson was aggressive during the Test series and was the Man of the Match twice in his first three Tests, once against New Zealand and once against India. He suffered a foot bone stress in his fourth Test at the SCG in early January.
National selector John Inverarity said while Harris had been dropped from the ODI squad, he remained a key member of the Test set-up.
"Ryan remains strongly in contention for selection for the (April) Test matches on the tour of the West Indies. Michael Clarke is making a good recovery and is likely to resume on Friday. The selectors will consider adding an extra player to this squad for the tri-series finals matches, if conditions warrant it," he said.
Squad: Michael Clarke (capt), Shane Watson, Dan Christian, Xavier Doherty, Peter Forrest, Ben Hilfenhaus, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Brett Lee, Clint McKay, James Pattinson, Matthew Wade, David Warner. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today