Melbourne, Feb 28 - Young fast bowler James Pattinson Tuesday was recalled to the 13-member Australian squad, at the expense of Ryan Harris, for the remainder for the CB tri-series.
Captain Michael Clarke is also expected to return to full fitness from a back injury for Friday's encounter with Sri Lanka here at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). The best-of-three finals series is starting Sunday in Brisbane.
Harris was replaced by Clint McKay in the starting XI in Sunday's win over India. The Queenslander was very expensive as Sri Lanka achieved a record run-chase in Hobart last Friday.
Pattinson was aggressive during the Test series and was the Man of the Match twice in his first three Tests, once against New Zealand and once against India. He suffered a foot bone stress in his fourth Test at the SCG in early January.
National selector John Inverarity said while Harris had been dropped from the ODI squad, he remained a key member of the Test set-up.
"Ryan remains strongly in contention for selection for the (April) Test matches on the tour of the West Indies. Michael Clarke is making a good recovery and is likely to resume on Friday. The selectors will consider adding an extra player to this squad for the tri-series finals matches, if conditions warrant it," he said.
Squad: Michael Clarke (capt), Shane Watson, Dan Christian, Xavier Doherty, Peter Forrest, Ben Hilfenhaus, David Hussey, Michael Hussey, Brett Lee, Clint McKay, James Pattinson, Matthew Wade, David Warner. (IANS)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan