Guangzhou, Nov 13 : India easily beat Singapore 3-0 to enter the quarter-finals of the women's 6-red snooker team event at the 16th Asian Games here Saturday.
Vidya Vishwanathan Pillai comfortably beat Shu Wah Hoe 35-2 in the first frame.
Chitra Magimarajan eased past Singaporean Zeet Huey Charlene Chai 19-7 in the second, hitting the highest break of 15.
The doubles encounter in the round of 16 match turned out to be the most interesting one.
The India duo of Anuja Chandra and Magimarajan defeated Hoe and Chai 39-27 and sealed the tie for India.(IANS)
- Shooters give India first medal in Asian Games
- Asian Games: Indian men, women lose in badminton team event
- IANS Photo IANS Publishing IANS-Arabic IANS Video IANS Mobile PR Wire TOPICS International Art/Culture/Books Asian Games, 2010 B
- Asian Games: Unimpressive start for India in shooting
- China wins first gold at Asian Games