Guangzhou, Nov 26 : The Indian women's kabaddi team won its maiden Asian Games gold medal defeating Thailand in the final here Friday.
India comfortably won 28-14 at the Nansha Gymnasium. Women's kabaddi is making its debut at the Asian Games.
The gold medal was the India's 11th from the continental Games.
The men's team, which has won five gold medals since kabaddi was introduced in 1990, are also eyeing their sixth as they face Iran in the final.(IANS)
- Asian Games wrestling: Suman Kundu to fight for bronze
- Asian Games kabaddi: Indian men and women to play for gold medal
- Asian Games hockey: India beat South Korea to win bronze
- Asian Games wrestling: Tomar and Nirmala out; Mausam in repechage
- Asian Games archery: India's Tarundeep settles for silver