Guangzhou, Nov 16 - Commonwealth Games gold medallists Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa moved into the pre-quarterfinals of the badminton women's doubles, going past Thailand's Savitree Amitrapai and P. Munkitchokecharoen at the Asian Games here Tuesday.
Gutta and Ponappa won the first game 21-13, before the Thai pair retired.
The Indians face a tough opponent in second-seeded Chinese pair of Tian Qin and Zhao Yunlei later in the day.
Another Indian pair of Aparna Balan and Prajakta Sawant lost to Malaysian NG Marylen Poauleng and Khe Wei Woon 17-21, 7-21. (IANS)
- Robbie Williams' wife to deliver second baby in LA despite singer's wish
- Zac Efron, Robert De Niro may star in 'Dirty Grandpa'
- Rita Ora turns designer for Adidas
- Music launch of 'Khoobsurat' held in Mumbai
- Nicole Kidman says her 'Paddington' role is too disturbing for daughters
- Jennifer Aniston goes 'topless' for photo shoot just days after ex-hubby Brad Pitt's wedding
- Joan Rivers joked would have been 'fabulous' to die during plastic surgery
- Censor Board should be consistent: Deepika Padukone