Guangzhou, Nov 16 - Commonwealth Games gold medallists Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa moved into the pre-quarterfinals of the badminton women's doubles, going past Thailand's Savitree Amitrapai and P. Munkitchokecharoen at the Asian Games here Tuesday.
Gutta and Ponappa won the first game 21-13, before the Thai pair retired.
The Indians face a tough opponent in second-seeded Chinese pair of Tian Qin and Zhao Yunlei later in the day.
Another Indian pair of Aparna Balan and Prajakta Sawant lost to Malaysian NG Marylen Poauleng and Khe Wei Woon 17-21, 7-21. (IANS)
- Amanda Seyfried thinks 'life is too short' for stringent diets
- Supermodel Petra Nemcova unveiled as new face of 'Ultimo'
- Was New Bond girl's sex scene with co-star's hubby behind marriage split?
- Mila Kunis debuts svelte post-baby bod, says 'breastfeeding is great workout'
- 'Delighted' Zoe Saldana welcomes twins with hubby
- Simon Cowell slams Lily Allen's corruption blast
- Amy Schumer to host MTV Movie Awards 2015
- Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha promotes 'Tevar' at Radio Mirchi Studios in Mumbai