Guangzhou, Nov 16 - Commonwealth Games gold medallists Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa moved into the pre-quarterfinals of the badminton women's doubles, going past Thailand's Savitree Amitrapai and P. Munkitchokecharoen at the Asian Games here Tuesday.
Gutta and Ponappa won the first game 21-13, before the Thai pair retired.
The Indians face a tough opponent in second-seeded Chinese pair of Tian Qin and Zhao Yunlei later in the day.
Another Indian pair of Aparna Balan and Prajakta Sawant lost to Malaysian NG Marylen Poauleng and Khe Wei Woon 17-21, 7-21. (IANS)
- Nicole Scherzinger reveals new album was like 'therapy'
- 'Avatar 2' to begin casting in LA, Wellington soon
- 'Busy' Brad Pitt owes buddy George Clooney 'wedding present'
- Amal Clooney is funny, 'supremely' self-confident in real life
- 'Bigg Boss' has made me a household name: Andy
- Officially divorced Heidi Klum gushes about new beau
- Archie Panjabi to quit 'The Good Wife' for new 20th Century Fox TV pilot
- Kourtney Kardashian expecting 'baby girl'