Guangzhou, Nov 16 - Commonwealth Games gold medallists Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa moved into the pre-quarterfinals of the badminton women's doubles, going past Thailand's Savitree Amitrapai and P. Munkitchokecharoen at the Asian Games here Tuesday.
Gutta and Ponappa won the first game 21-13, before the Thai pair retired.
The Indians face a tough opponent in second-seeded Chinese pair of Tian Qin and Zhao Yunlei later in the day.
Another Indian pair of Aparna Balan and Prajakta Sawant lost to Malaysian NG Marylen Poauleng and Khe Wei Woon 17-21, 7-21. (IANS)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today