Guangzhou, Nov 21 : India's Sudha Singh raced to the gold in the women's 3000 metre steeplechase at the Asian Games here Sunday.
In a neck-and-neck finish, Sudha beat China's Yuan Jin for the gold with a personal best timing of 9:55.67 sec.
Yuan, who challenged Sudha in the final few metres, had to setlle for a silver, clocking 9:55.71.
Japan's Minori Hayakari settled for the bronze clocking 10:01.25 secs. (IANS)
- Asian Games wrestling: Ravinder, Sunil Kumar get bronze
- Asian Games hockey: Indian men beat Japan 3-2
- Asian Games: Gold for Preeja, silver for Kavita in women's 10,000m
- Asian Games tennis: Sania loses in women's singles semis, gets bronze
- Asian Games volleyball: Men's team go down to Thailand in quarters