London, May 15 : Arsenal is set to offer their talismanic captain Robin Van Persie a club record seven million pounds-per-season deal to keep him at the Emirates.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, chief executive Ivan Gazidis and Van Persie will meet on Wednesday for the highly anticipated talks over a new deal.
It is believed Van Persie, who currently earns a basic wage of 70,000 pounds-per-week, will be offered a new three-year deal worth around 130,000 pounds-per-week, which would eclipse the pay packages of Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas.
Van Persie will also be offered a five million pound signing-on fee if he pledges his future to the club.
According to the Daily Mail, the Arsenal hierarchy acknowledges there is unlikely to be a quick fire decision from Van.
Whilst Van Persie has shown a keenness to stay in north London, he would still like to explore other options before signing a new contract.
Van Persie could earn as much as £220,000-per-week at Manchester City, but sources close to the striker insist Van Persie wouldn't be playing for another Premier League side. (ANI)
- Becks taunted by fans singing Spice Girls songs at Olympic Stadium
- Mancini says ‘never seen anything like it’ after Man City wins Premier League title
- Becker believes Lendl making a difference to Murray’s game
- Mundine stripped of interim WBA title over failure to fight reigning champ Austin Trout
- Man City’s Kompany says never wants to re-live ‘harrowing’ wining experience of PL again