London, Dec. 11 : Arsenal's Theo Walcott says that he would like to compound Liverpool coach Rafa benitez's misery by defeating his side in a Champions League clash on Sunday.
The Gunners will be fresh after resting their entire first team bar Alex Song for the Champions League clash at Olympiakos on Wednesday night.
And despite shock recent defeats to Sunderland and leaders Chelsea, Arsenal are still just eight points off the pace with a game in hand.
The Sun quoted Walcott, 20, as saying: "There are a few teams involved in the title race and we are definitely one of them. We are strong candidates. With Chelsea losing we can catch them up now. Liverpool is always in the top four and these are the games we need to win, especially away."
"All the first team had a good rest, so we''re going to go right at it," he added. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional